The eggs

The eggs normally used to power are those of chicken.

Egg components, and food composition

The components are:
 
a) shell (outer shell resistant to an average structure)
 
b) albumen (commonly called "egg" white; about 60% of the egg weight)
 
c) yolk (central part, from yellow to red, more nutritious, and about 40% of egg weight)
 
d) the air chamber (the space not occupied by white and yolk).



 

The whole egg food composition, and its parts, is as follows:

Egg Food Composition

(Except for the shell, not edible)


Components

albumen

Yolk

Egg


WATER
85-87% 49-51% 76.7%

PROTEIN
About 12% 16-18% 12.3%

FATS
32-40% 0.2% 9.2%

OTHER
1.6% 1% 1.8%

Eggs are the best food for the quality of protein, but they are not a complete food because they lack carbohydrates, calcium and vitamin C (are present all other vitamins).
 
100 gr. egg from two shelled eggs provide 132 Kcal.

The egg white contains several proteins, including the most abundant is ovalbumin; the yolk (red) contains phosphorus and proteins, lipoproteins and lecithin.
The 31.9% of the yolk fat consists for about half from saturated fatty acids, and the remaining half by ac. Unsaturated fats, especially ac. and small amounts of oleic ac. linoleic, linolenic and arachidonic.

Although the yolk is rich in cholesterol (250 mg / yolk), it should be noted that only 10% of total cholesterol comes from power (all the rest, that is as much as 90%, is synthesized by our own body) ; therefore, a moderate consumption of eggs may not significantly affect the level of cholesterol in the blood.

Eggs can only be contraindicated in biliary calculi, because it can cause contractions of the gallbladder, causing colonic spasms.

The fresh egg just laid by the hen, has no air chamber. This is formed because of the porosity of the shell, whereby, a bit 'at a time, the air penetrates inside (of course, the size of the air chamber grow with the passage of days, but up to a certain point, that is, until the external air pressure is counterbalanced by that of the chamber, egg internal).
Above all, the freshness, and also the weight, are the two major egg quality.

Quality classes for freshness.

With regard to the freshness (primary qualitative factor), we have 2 categories, the "A" and "B".
The eggs of Category "A" are used for direct consumption, and that it is authorized for sale to consumers if they met all the requirements prescribed by current regulations in respect of such class.
 
According to the European regulation, is however no direct sales to consumers of Class B eggs, which can only be sold to the food processing industry (eg. Laboratories of confectionery, fresh pasta, etc.), Or non-food industries.

Below each category its requirements:
1.CATEGORIA "A", eggs intended for food consumption diretto◦CATEGORIA "A Extra" eggs "fresh", untreated and not chilled, with air chamber not exceeding 4 mm, and usable up to the 7th day from ' packaging or on the 9th day after the deposition; after this period the eggs can be sold only with reference to Category A (having lost the qualification of "extra");
◦CATEGORIA "A" fresh eggs, non-treated and non-refrigerated, with air chamber not exceeding 6 mm; "Sell-by date", or deadline for the sale of the consumer eggs (optional), calculated in 21 days from the date of deposition and obtained by subtracting 7 days from date of minimum durability (28 days), considered as a further period for consumption by the consumer;

2.CATEGORIA 'B' eggs not intended for human consumption diretto◦Uova second quality or declassateNella Class B eggs shall be eggs which do not meet the requirements applicable to eggs in Category A. They may only be passed to industrial food businesses recognized pursuant to Art. 6 of Directive 89/437 / EEC or the non-food.
This is of two to three weeks eggs (air chamber between 6 and 9 mm), untreated and not chilled. They are second quality or downgraded eggs intended for processing into egg products or the non-food.
Their packaging it shall be marked clearly indicating the destination.


Quality classes for weight.

Classification by categories WEIGHT:
1.XL very large, over 73 g;
2.The large, from 63 g to 73 g;
3.M medium, from 53 g to 63 g;
4.S small, less than 53 g.

Labeling and various standards.

The packaging must appear these guidelines:
 
A. The name of the packing center
Pin It
e-max.it: your social media marketing partner

Print Email